Sunday, May 13, 2012

Writer's Block

Sometimes a writer will sit at his, or her, desk with the intent of writing an article and, viola, the mind draws a blank. There is nothing coming to mind that is worthy of publishing or sending to a loyal audience .

It’s called “Writer’s Block”. It happens to artists, composers; anyone who creates a unique item for others to enjoy, appreciate, or even, find inspiring.

Awhile back, a friend of mine had this problem and I wrote today’s poem as a resulting dilemma. The pictures were found on the internet. Enjoy ,,,,,,,,




At the crack of dawn, I woke up this morning
Did my blinking, stretching and yawning
With traces of dreams racing through my head
Mind and body still commanding; stay in bed

Birds were singing and the sun was shinning
Hey, I can’t just stay here in bed a whining
I should be facing this new day with glee
The world’s waiting for words written by me

I rack my fuzzy brain for an intriguing story to tell
But there are no ideas, no stories, nothing rings a bell
There must be some gitty-witty words of sage
But, alas today, my mind’s a blankity-blank page

                                                            Poem by Herm Meyer
LATER. . . . . .



2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU DARLING HERM,

    YOU HAVE GIVEN ME THE MOST PRECIOUS GIFT A MOTHER COULD RECEIVE ON MOTHER'S DAY.

    YOU KNOW MY KRISTI SO WELL.

    XOXO

    JULES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules and a very special Mother's Day to you. You should be very proud of your family! Yes, Kristin is one of my favorite people. Did you know she was the one that originally encouraged me to start writing.

      Herm

      Delete