Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pillow Dog


The photo for today's poem has been going around the Internet recently and perhaps many of you have seen it. There's not too much doubt  as to what happened prior to the time when the photo was taken. The picture tells it all.

The words below are my poetic rendition of what happened after our "subject" was caught with his "fingers in the cookie jar"! Maybe we should say his "paws in the pillow case"! Enjoy. . . . . . .




On what grounds do you accuse
Me, an innocent dog, of this abuse?
I just awoke. Was sleeping like a log.
Who did this act? Not this dog!

I agree this place is a mess.
The pillow’s history is my guess.
To show that I’m a super good pup,
I’ll gladly help you clean it up

Haven’t I always been a best friend?
You know I’d protect you to the end.
As sure as I’m sitting here, I didn’t do it.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

                                                                                        Poem by Herm Meyer



No comments:

Post a Comment